Everything about Aphrodite.dev!
I am a backend developer by job, elec. hacking hobbyist and BDSM-invested tinkerer by passion.
I've always wanted to find a way to mix both worlds into one common interest, and after spending a lot of time trying to come up with a good way to do so, I decided to create this blog.
Why name it « Aphrodite.dev? »
I settled on this name after trying to think of a decent one, and I'm really happy with it, for the following reasons.
- I'm a bit interested in Hellenism and the Greek mythology, and have always loved their gods.
- This is partly an erotic-oriented blog, Aphrodite is the goddess that's associated, between all things, with love, pleasure, and passion.
- This is still tech-oriented, and Aphrodite is described (in the odyssey) as the wife of Hephaestus, which is basically the god of engineering.
- The only tech-like top-level domain I found was
.dev, which kinda sucks because it's owned by a pretty awful company (a.k.a. Google), but I haven't found any alternative extension, and I think this one sounds nice.
Not only Aphrodite is an awesome name to bear, its story perfectly matches this blog's theme!
What kind of content would I find on this blog?
I have two objectives for this blog's content.
- To share the hardware hacking projects we've been working on with my group of friends.
- To put some more personal thoughts, opinions, about life, humanity, and the BDSM world I spend time working in.
I will also probably make a page of other blogs and resources I enjoy following, including other ero-tech blogs I chose to read.
This blog may also evolve in some other direction as time moves on, but that's up to the world to decide.
Any last word?
First of all, thanks for taking the time to look into it!
If you wanna chat, I'm active on a few platforms on which you may want to chat!
If you want to go through e-mail, any ad, spam, or abusive content will immediately end in an abuse report. If you otherwise just want to chat a bit, feel free to use it!
I am pretty active on the Matrix platform, you can use Riot to contact me at
I'm also available on the fediverse, on Mastodon.
If you want a more personal chat, you can send me an e-mail, too!
If you want to drop a small financial contribution, feel free to do so over at my donation pages (listed below), I would be sincerely grateful for any contribution!