Gyoza based on wrappers and some custom filling.
Ingredients and tools
- 300g meat (e.g. pork, beef)
- 2 to 3 green onions
- 1 to 2 cloves garlic
- sea salt
You can add some other lighter-taste fillings, such as carrots, or shiitake mushrooms. You can also add some sake to the mix.
For the frying, you'll need the following.
- Water (steaming)
- Grape seed oil (frying)
- Soja sauce (optional, for added taste)
- Mince your fillings
- Mix them with the pepper, salt, and the meat
- Place some filling in the center of the wrapper
- Water the outer edge of one side of the wrapper
- Fold the wrapper in half and pinch it to seal it
- Fold the outer edges in a folded paper shape
To cook them,
- Heat a pan medium heat with the oil
- Once hot, cook the gyozas on one side until golden brown (3min~)
- Add water and soja sauce to the pan, and cover with a lid until most of the water evaporates